Arles & Les Baux de Provence Tour
Price per tour
8 hour tour in private van for 1 to 8 persons.
Tour starts where you wish: hotel, cruise ship, private residence…
Tour available from Marseille, Aix en Provence, Avignon, Arles, Nimes, Montpellier and their surroundings.
Get your guide contact as soon as you book.
Board a comfortable van.
Explore Arles & Les Baux de Provence on a full day tour.
Our Arles & Les Baux de Provence Tour includes:
- Start the tour with a drive across the countryside and admire the most beautiful landscapes of Provence painted by Vincent Van Gogh. Your guide will invite you to stop by Van Gogh bridge to take beautiful pictures.
- In Arles, a panoramic tour will offer you the unique opportunity the see the best of this UNESCO Heritage city. Drive along the Rhone river and see the vestiges of the two thousand year old roman bridge as well as the roman baths.
- Enter the pedestrian city center for a guided walking tour and reach the roman amphitheater still in use for the local bull races. Next to it stands the Roman theater where concerts and theater pieces are still being performed. Those two monuments are more than two thousand years old.
- Discover the mysterious architecture of the Saint Trophime Church and its marvelous cloister which is also part of the UNESCO World Heritage. Built in the 12th century this church offers unique sculptures.
- In the streets of Arles your guide will show you many reproductions of paintings by Van Gogh. You will also see Van Gogh café and the Hospital where he was admitted after he cut his ear. The hospital is now transformed into an art center.
- In Les Baux de Provence, your guide will lead you to the most outstanding art exhibition in Provence: Les Carrières de Lumières. A huge limestone quarry transformed into an indescribable art gallery where paintings of masters are brought into life… A real must!
- Explore the middle age village and its impressive castle built upon the rock. Learn the amazing history of the Lords of Les Baux de Provence who were considering themselves descendants of the wise-man Balthazar. From the top of the rock you will love the breathtaking view over the rocky hills and the fields of the Rhone river valley.
Lunch not included.
Entrance fees not included.